Faithful To The Word Of God

The descendants also are impudent and stubborn: I send you to them, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God.' And whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house) they will know that a prophet has been among them.
Ezekiel 2:4-5 (ESV)
 
God gave Ezekiel an assignment and told him in advance that the people would not listen. It seems as if He told Ezekiel that it really did not matter if they listened or not, because, when it was all said and done, they would know that a prophet was among them.
 
The very idea that a prophet, the voice of God, is among people is a big deal, and Ezekiel was to be faithful to the words God instructed Him to use. In that he would be faithful to God, he could not, however, control the response. God gave him an assignment he could accomplish.
As a teacher, my responsibility is to ensure my communication is accurate. I cannot control the response. God has given me something I can actually do, and I need to focus on that rather than on what I cannot accomplish.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to ?????

Just Listen

Listen