Hollow Satisfaction

And the word of the Lord came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying, "Since I exalted you out of the dust and made you leader over my people Israel, and you have walked in the way of Jeroboam and have made my people Israel to sin, provoking me to anger with their sins, behold, I will utterly sweep away Baasha and his house, and I will make your house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat. Anyone belonging to Baasha who dies in the city the dogs shall eat, and anyone of his who dies in the field the birds of the heavens shall eat."
1 Kings 16:1-4 (ESV)

Leaders have responsibility. They cannot shun it. They cannot pass it off. They cannot ignore it. If they do, there are dire consequences for both the people they were supposed to lead and themselves.

The flesh loves to be fed the praise of the flesh, and finds a hollow satisfaction in the feeding process. This hollow satisfaction cannot last and leaves the finder desiring more and more praise, which eventually controls their every waking moment.




https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind