For some, this is comforting; to others, it is scary.


Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel and spread out his hands toward heaven, and said, "O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart….”
1 Kings 8:22-23 (ESV)

“Keeping covenant and showing steadfast love….” to those who walk before you with all their heart. This is a common understanding throughout Scripture. God provides His unique ways to those who walk with Him. The variable He gives is choice.

I can choose to live my life ignoring God until I can no longer do so, or I can choose to know and submit to Him. If I choose to ignore Him, there are promises I can expect Him to keep. If I choose to know and submit to Him, there are other promises I can expect Him to keep.
Either way, we can expect God to keep His promises.

For some, this is comforting; to others, it is scary. At what end of the spectrum are you?



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind