We need to know who speaks for God.


For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream, for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name; I did not send them, declares the Lord. "For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:8-13 (ESV)
 
We need to know who speaks for God and who speaks about God for personal gain. The New Testament books of Jude and 2 Peter help us identify false teachers. False teachers use God; real teachers love God and speak of Him in that context.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to ?????

Just Listen

Listen