God needs to adjust things so that we learn not to trust ourselves.


The Lord said to Gideon, "The people with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hand, lest Israel boast over me, saying, 'My own hand has saved me.' Now therefore proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, 'Whoever is fearful and trembling, let him return home and hurry away from Mount Gilead.'" Then 22,000 of the people returned, and 10,000 remained.
Judges 7:2-3 (ESV)
 
Can you imagine God telling those who are going to war that they have too many soldiers, too much money, too much power, too many weapons, or, frankly, too much anything? If I am going to war, I want to have every advantage I can, yet God is the only advantage I need.
 
If God is for me, who can be against me? If God desires me to be involved in a victory, then all the world's armies and underworld combined cannot change the outcome.
 
Often, God needs to adjust things so that we learn not to trust ourselves, our money, our talent, or our abilities. Those with nothing to trust other than God are in the most privileged position and are assured victory.\

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?