Confusion

When Pilate heard this statement, he was even more afraid. He entered his headquarters again and said to Jesus, "Where are you from?" But Jesus gave him no answer. So Pilate said to him, "You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?" Jesus answered him, "You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin."
John 19:8-11 (ESV)
 
Jesus did not need to defend the truth, because the truth supports itself. Shortly, Pilate and the others would realize the grave mistake they made. Eventually, Jesus did correct a fundamental misunderstanding that Pilate and most leaders possessed. He told him that he could do nothing apart from Himself, making clear that the crucifixion was a part of a bigger plan.
 
God's plans will always be accomplished. I can choose to participate in them and be part of that day of victory, or I can ignore them and possibly have God use me to achieve His purposes. In the second case, I miss the blessing of being a part of what God is doing.
 
Pilate was confused, as was Peter when he denied Christ, as was the whole mob. Our confusion can drive us to the truth or push us from the truth.
 
For now, the choice is mine.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?