A Simpler Time

Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may be restored! Renew our days as of old—unless you have utterly rejected us, and you remain exceedingly angry with us.
Lamentations 5:21-22 (ESV)
 
Or, as translated in the NLT version: Restore us, O LORD, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had! Or have you utterly rejected us? Are you angry with us still?
Lamentations 5:21-22 (NLT)
 
When I read this verse, I am reminded of a simpler time in youth when life was exciting, discovery was a daily occurrence, and my parents took care of all the serious problems in life. As a boy, my job was to enjoy being a boy, to enjoy discovering and learning, to exercise, to grow, and to be obedient to my parents.
 
In many ways, being a boy in a loving household was ideal. I got to enjoy life while leaving the worries to those who could do something about it. (I don't remember ever thinking about where the money for the food we ate came from, or how my parents paid for our house, or anything about which grown-ups were concerned.)
 
It is that place I need to seek with my Heavenly Father. He can handle all the problems in life. I need to be His son and enjoy what He has provided. I need to trust Him, or I will never again experience the joy of my salvation.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to ?????

Just Listen

Listen