Conditional Promises


Why then do you scorn my sacrifices and my offerings that I commanded for my dwelling, and honor your sons above me by fattening yourselves on the choicest parts of every offering of my people Israel?' Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: I promised that your house and the house of your father should go in and out before me forever,' but now the Lord declares: 'Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
1 Samuel 2:29-30 (ESV)
 
Some promises, by necessity, are conditional and need to remain so to promote accountability. Other promises can and should be kept regardless of the conditions. Those that are conditional are so due to stated or understood conditions. The Scriptures are full of conditional promises.
 
Here’s an example of a conditional promise: If we seek God, we will find God. It is evident that if we do not seek God, which is our choice, we do not find God, and since God will never leave us when we are apart from Him, it is we who do the leaving.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?