Do Not Ignore Him

And he built the city all around from the Millo in complete circuit, and Joab repaired the rest of the city. And David became greater and greater, for the Lord of hosts was with him.
1 Chronicles 11:8-9 (ESV)

Cause and effect. David became greater and greater, for the Lord of hosts was with him. This seems simple enough. When the Lord is with you, you win. When the Lord is against you, you lose. For now, the choice is ours.

Success in life does not depend on our bootstraps, heritage, ability, or luck. It is dependent upon our closeness to God. Those who choose to walk with God will reap the benefits of walking with Him, and those who choose to ignore Him will wander through life, looking for life while forever remaining lost.

We so often complicate life when, in reality, it is very simple. There is a God; I'm not Him. My sin has separated me from Him, and He sent Jesus to repair the damage my sin caused. He knows everything about me, loves me, and knows the future.
I would be foolish to ignore Him.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind