Commitment

And she said, "See, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods; return after your sister-in-law." But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you."
Ruth 1:15-17 (ESV)

Following the norm usually distances you from God. It would be expected, and no one would blame Ruth for abandoning her mother-in-law for a chance at remarrying and having a family of her own. But Ruth chose to be a faithful daughter-in-law.
When you marry, you marry into a family. Your commitment is to an individual, part of a whole, making you committed to the whole.

God values commitment and always seems to honor commitment, and those who choose the path of commitment will one day have no regrets. It is the more challenging, but better way to live, for we were designed to be committed.
 
Learn More at Relate365.com





https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?