I need to pay attention.

After the two days, he departed for Galilee. (For Jesus himself had testified that a prophet has no honor in his own hometown.)
John 4:43-44 (ESV)
 
Often those we are closest to are the most difficult, or even impossible, to minister to. We cannot believe that God would use people differently, and since we have so many commonalities, we don't understand how they are different from ourselves.
Those from the outside see and respond well to the giftedness, and often find them refreshing.
It can be frustrating to help those you do not know more than those you live with; however, it is a reality with which we all live.
 
I need to pay attention to those around me and not just the distant scholar. I just may be surprised by what I see and learn. 




https://www.podbean.com/relate365



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?