Is It All Gods?

Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, "Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
Luke 21:1-4 (ESV)
 
Is giving out of our abundance or giving things we no longer need or want truly giving? Am I considered generous if I give in a way that costs me nothing?
 
Would God ever condone the giving of everything I have? Would this even be "responsible?"
If all I have belongs to God, if I am a steward or manager, am I the one giving? What does a greedy person look like? What does a generous person look like? This passage evokes these questions and more. It would be good to ponder these for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?