I wonder…

When the Philistines captured the ark of God, they brought it from Ebenezer to Ashdod. Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it into the house of Dagon and set it up beside Dagon. And when the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, behold, Dagon had fallen face downward on the ground before the ark of the Lord.
1 Samuel 5:1-3 (ESV)
 
Replacing God with anything is not a good idea. All people and creation will pay homage to the one true living God. Sometimes, I wonder if God and the angelic host have a little "fun" at the expense of the ignorant. They placed the ark in the temple of their gods only to find out that the other gods were not God. I wonder if God told the angels to get ready for some "entertainment" before He messed with that worthless idol. I wonder how many angels shook their heads at the obvious ignorance of man.
 
It seems as if man is often the subject of some celestial lesson. I wonder how often they shake their heads at me.




https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?