Authority belongs to God alone!

And Zechariah said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years.” And the angel answered him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news."  Luke 1:18-19 (ESV)

“I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you….”

I am Dave. I, too, can stand in the presence of God. I, too, can be sent to speak to someone.

The key to success in life is our proximity to God. Once we choose to be near Him, we choose to listen to Him, and we choose to obey Him, we will be successful. It is interesting how Gabriel stated his authority and from where his authority came.

When Jesus was preparing to leave this planet, He told His disciples that is was best that He leave, in that when He did, the Holy Spirit would come and inhabit God’s children. This was the best news they could receive, for then, Peter could be in a position to say, “I am Peter, God is with me, and I am sent to lead the church.”

Authority belongs to God alone and is dispensed to those who represent Him properly.



Dave Wager

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?