If I seek, I find.

And a man of God came near and said to the king of Israel, "Thus says the LORD, 'Because the Syrians have said, "The LORD is a god of the hills but he is not a god of the valleys," therefore I will give all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the LORD.'"
1 Kings 20:28

The prophet's goal is to point out that the Lord is God. On this day, a day of battle, God will prove that He is God. I find it interesting that God demonstrates He is God when He does not need to do so to be God. Whether or not He makes Himself known does not determine His "Godness."

The Bible clarifies that if I seek God, I will find Him, which lays the responsibility of seeking on me. God has already demonstrated who He is in creation. I need to pay attention to what He has done to show Himself to me, and eliminate the need for wars and other disasters that prove the same more dramatically.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind